Your contribution to Dawson County Humane Society goes straight to work helping hundreds of homeless Dawson County animals. There are several ways in which you can help. You can make a donation now by clicking on the button above or you can:
Ask your friends and family to make a donation in your name, in lieu of gifts, for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or other gift-giving occasions.
Remember Dawson County Humane Society in your estate planning.
Regardless of whether you are leaving a specific legacy, a remainder or an alternative, the general wording in your will or living trust should read:
I give the sum of ______ dollars ($ ______ ) to the Dawson County Humane Society, 633 Martin Road, Dawsonville, GA 30534.
- For a legacy, insert the specific sum in dollars which you wish to go to the Dawson County Humane Society.
- For a bequest, insert address of property, details of stocks, bonds, life insurance policies, bank accounts or other assets.
- For all or a share of your entire estate, insert for example “the whole of my estate,” or “forty percent (40%) of my estate.”
- For a residuary gift, after specific bequests are written, insert “the rest of my estate,” or “sixty percent (60%) of the residue of my estate after payment of taxes, costs and expenses of administration.”
- For an alternative gift, precede the clause with: “Should any beneficiary pre-decease me, or be made unwilling to accept the specified bequest, I give that bequest to the Dawson County Humane Society...”
- If you have a boat or car that you no longer need, please consider donating it to the Dawson County Humane Society. We will take care of selling it and you get a tax deduction for your donation.